Program on hold from 01/01/2020 until further notice
What Do I Get?
Purchase a new smart thermostat for $170 through the Home Energy Optimization program, and you’ll get $2,000 of additional energy saving products at no cost – plus free professional installation.
- Smart thermostat ($170) – Automatically manages your home’s energy use around your schedule and preferences. It’s easy to use, keeping you comfortable when you’re home and saving energy and money when you’re not.
1. Additional home energy technology
- Weather optimization protocol (Free) – Advanced software that makes small adjustments to your thermostat according to the weather in your neighborhood.
- Smart water heater controller (Free) – Similar to a smart thermostat for your water heater, the controller automates your water heating based on your preferences.
- HVAC diagnostic detection device (Free) – Saves energy by keeping your system running efficiently and saves money by notifying you about potential repairs before they become major issues.
- Temperature control valves (Free) – Turns off the water flow once it’s up to temperature to save hot water, energy, and money.
2. Energy saving products
- Pipe insulation (Free) – Insulating the pipe from your water heater helps prevent heat loss, keeping the delivered water warmer and allowing you to use less energy.
- Advanced power strip (Free) – Helps reduce electricity wasted when electronics are turned off.
- Four LED 20W bulbs (Free) – LED bulbs use less energy than a traditional incandescent bulbs—and last up to 25,000 hours. That’s more than 20 years of savings.
- Bathroom sink faucet aerator (Free) – Aerators reduce the flow of water from the faucet without reducing pressure, saving both water and work for your water heater. The average bathroom faucet flow is a half-gallon of hot water per minute.
- Kitchen sink faucet aerator (Free) – Aerators reduce the flow of water from the faucet without reducing pressure, saving both water and work for your water heater. The average kitchen faucet flow is two gallons of hot water per minute.
3. AC tune-up services
- AC tune-up: air flow adjustment (Free) – Poor airflow decreases system performance, raises utility bills, and reduces equipment life. Adjusting your airflow helps minimize energy use and evens temperatures in every room.
- AC tune-up: refrigerant charge (Free) – Air conditioners low on refrigerant run longer and work harder to cool your home.
- AC tune-up: condenser coil cleaning (Free) – Part of your outdoor air conditioner unit, these coils transfer heat from the refrigerant to the air outside. If dirt builds up on the coils, your air conditioner will have to work harder to cool indoor spaces.
- AC tune-up: evaporator coil cleaning (Free) – Part of your indoor air conditioner unit, these coils absorb heat and transfer it to the refrigerant that carries heat out of your home. If dirt builds up on the coils, your air conditioner will have to work harder to cool your home.
4. Professional Installation
Through the Home Energy Optimization Program , you’ll also get professional installation at no cost to you (Free)
- Perform an onsite assessment of your home
- Install and activate all the energy-saving equipment
- Show you how everything works
- Provide information on simple, no- or low-cost ways to save even more
All products and services require the presence of compatible home equipment, as determined by on-site technician. In limited cases, final installation list may vary.